freetds - Re: [freetds] osql and isql -- how to test ODBC config?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] osql and isql -- how to test ODBC config?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 02:44:18 -0400

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 22:18:39 +0000
Tony Esposito <Tony.Esposito AT region10.org> wrote:

> osql: warning: no DNS hostname found for "207.235.236.120"
> The osql tool stops because of this 'warning' so I never get
> connected and therefore never verify my ODBC setup.

The script shouldn't stop there because of that. Check the version
you're using; revision 1.12 doesn't exit after producing that
message on line 342. In fact, the only check remaining after that is
that the hostname has an address. If so, it prints what it found out
and starts isql.

Perhaps something in your environment causes the shell to
terminate the script when host(1) returns nonzero status? I'd be
interested it hear what you find out.