freetds - [freetds] RE : RE : [Patch] for MS Visual Studio project files

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ludo Brands" <ludo.brands AT free.fr>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] RE : RE : [Patch] for MS Visual Studio project files
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:12:29 +0200

> > There are some other changes needed with latest version from git:
> > - win_mutex.c is not in ../src/tds anymore but in
> ../src/replacements
> > - the use of TryEnterCriticalSection in win_mutex.c requires the
> > addition of the preprocessor define _WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 or
> higher to
> > avoid 'error
> > LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _TryEnterCriticalSection referenced in
> > function _tds_win_mutex_trylock' on win32 only. Define to
> be added to
> > libTDS.
> >

> Hi Ludo,
> Thanks. Can you please create patch, which will fix above mentioned
> problems, so we can use Visual Studio project files also in
> future? TIA -Laco.

I would have already done it if I had VC6 installed. I have only VS2008 and
VS2010 which use different project formats.
BTW, VS2010 failed to upgrade the VC6 project. I had to convert to VS2008
and then to VS2010. Perhaps it is time to add a VS2010 directory. VS2010
Express is also a free solution.

Ludo