freetds - [freetds] RE : location of config parameter?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ludo Brands" <ludo.brands AT free.fr>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] RE : location of config parameter?
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 11:00:06 +0100

> Correction: while the message comes from the server, Laco is
> right that it is a function of the capabilities sent after
> the login. See my message on this ML of 16 November 2011,
> and Ludo's reply wherein he confirms that modified
> capabilities solve the problem. Patches welcome! :-)

Hardcoding a new defaultcaps was the easy part and I have no problems
sharing the changes I made. To make a patch I need some more info:
- the questions around ENABLE_EXTRA_CHECKS I raised back in november (nov
16th). I re-read my message and it was actually a question without question
marks ;)
- since this is a sybase only extension, I assume the TDS_REQ_LARGEIDENT
capability request should be set only for recent Sybase servers, based on
the existence of the SYBECAPTYP error. What are the possibilities?
Add a freetds custom option for dbsetlname? LARGEIDENT (false or true) or,
for the brave hearted but more flexible, CUSTOMCAPS that would simply call
set_capabilities(login, values, TDS_MAX_CAPABILITY)?
- I have only a very limited number of server versions to test with. I'll
need some help there.

Ludo