freetds - Re: [freetds] location of config parameter?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] location of config parameter?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 16:50:09 -0500

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:19:03 -0500
jklowden AT schemamania.org wrote:

> > -->I have made a grep in freetds folder to check each value of 30
> > (for example: include/tds.h:#define TDS_MAX_DYNID_LEN 30)
> > Maybe with 40 it will be ok...
>
> No, the message comes from the server; it's not a limitation of
> library.

Correction: while the message comes from the server, Laco is right that
it is a function of the capabilities sent after the login. See my
message on this ML of 16 November 2011, and Ludo's reply wherein he
confirms that modified capabilities solve the problem. Patches
welcome! :-)

The news to me is that the Sybase *server* will return errors based on
a capabability that the library declared. Useful to remember, even
though the server-side validation serves no purpose in this case.