freetds - Re: [freetds] Cross compilation with mingw

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Cross compilation with mingw
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:28:47 +0200

2011/7/17 Cesare Leonardi <celeonar AT gmail.com>:
> Second try: my previous zip attachment was rejected...
>
> Hi all.
>
> I've read the freetds user guide, past mailing list messages and various
> sites but i'm not able to cross compile freetds under Debian Linux
> (unstable).
> The make error is the same with 0.82, 0,91rc2 and 0.92-nightly (see attached
> files from nightly).
>
> I wanted an updated DLL to make some tests with PHP but i'm not accustomed
> with compiling and i suspect there is some library that i have to install
> but i was not able to find it myself.
> I've tryed to look at the configure and make output, and also at the
> config.log content but it's full of tests failed an warnings that really got
> me lost.
> If someone is a Debian user, i've used mingw-w64, that provide a compiler
> for both win32 and win64 and seems to supersede mingw32.
>
> Ah, i've done another test, remotely installing mingw and make under cygwin
> on a Windows 2000 pc, and trying to compile the same nightly build: with
> much surprise i got the same error. I've used the same configure command
> line options.
>
> Can you give me some advice?
>
> Cesare.

Hi Cesare,
from config.log

configure:2970: checking for i686-mingw32-strip
configure:3000: result: no
configure:3010: checking for strip
configure:3026: found /usr/bin/strip
configure:3037: result: strip
configure:3460: checking for i686-mingw32-gcc
configure:3490: result: no

you didn't specify the right "host", should be the executable prefix,
I have a i586-mingw32msvc-gcc on my machine so I have to use
--host=i586-mingw32msvc during configure.

Frediano