freetds - Re: [freetds] CTLib and DBLib on MSSQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, William" <bill.d.thompson AT baml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] CTLib and DBLib on MSSQL
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:51:43 +0100

Don't apologise Mahendra!

So the Sybase::CTlib and Sybase::DBLib modules are part of sybperl:

http://www.peppler.org/freeware/sybperl.html

So Sybperl would normally be built on top of the Sybase open client
libraries, but the freetds equivalents can be substituted instead. So yes,
you would have to rebuild or re-install sybperl, and make sure that when you
do so, that it picks up the freetds libraries instead of Sybase's. In our
user guide we show how that can be done to build DBD::Sybase (another Sybase
module for perl). I daresay there will be something similar for sybperl.

I hope this helps better...

Bill