freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS on Debian: connect to MSSQL with ODBC fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS on Debian: connect to MSSQL with ODBC fails
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:23:17 +0100

2011/1/11 Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide.ch>:
> Hello again...
>
>> Well... the only problem I see is that not passing password
>> to isql cause an empty password to be used which (correctly)
>> server refuse.
>> So... you get the connection, you can issue commands (you can
>> try with a "select @@version") and everything is working :)
>>
>> Now... get to next step... PHP/Perl/whatever/C... I don't know... :)
>
> My problems started with OTRS: I try to connect OTRS to my existing
> MSSQL db.
>
> Could you eventually also help on that one? Maybe on another mailing
> list or via private emails?
>
> Kind regards and thanks,
> Flavio Boniforti.

I don't know OTRS, I just visited the site. It appears to be a Perl
application so I would
- install DBD::ODBC, search on Internet on how to do it for your application
- check DBD::ODBC, there is a odbctest.pl script in our samples directory
- configure OTRS (from
http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Installation_on_Ubuntu_Lucid_Lynx_%2810.4%29
you should change a Config.pm file)