freetds - Re: [freetds] How do I test connectivity?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Kirsop <james.kirsop AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How do I test connectivity?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:30:20 +1100

Scott,
My solution below may help you.

On 11/01/2011, at 3:47 PM, James Kirsop wrote:
I'm using the same command string (different host though) and getting the following:
[root@localhost ~]# tsql -H 1.1.6.155 -p 1433 -U username -P pass
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Msg 20017, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Unexpected EOF from the server
Msg 20002, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Adaptive Server connection failed
There was a problem connecting to the server

You may need to run the following command from your CLI (changing the path to your freedts.conf file if appropriate).
export FREETDSCONF=/etc/freetds.conf

You should be able to add this to /etc/profile and have it load every time you login.

That fixed the error I was having above - hope it helps you.

Still having problems with PHP - but I'll post about that later.

-james