freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql connects but prompt incs 1, 2, 3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jackson, Craig" <Craig.Jackson AT cengage.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql connects but prompt incs 1, 2, 3
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:14:26 -0500

isql prompts for the password before opening the connection.

I think the idea is to get the user-interface elements which potentially
could wait a long time done before opening the connection. If you prompt
between the connect and sending the login packet, the server could time out
the connection if the user doesn't type the password fast enough.

Craig Jackson