freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS on Debian: connect to MSSQL with ODBC fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide.ch>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS on Debian: connect to MSSQL with ODBC fails
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:42:39 +0100

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to get my Linux Server connecting to my MSSQL 2005 Express
database, and so far I got it only partially working.
I followed the instructions I found here:
http://blog.marcingil.com/2009/11/linux-odbc-to-mssql/

When I use tsql, I get my connection working, instead by using isql I
get:

root@ticket:~# isql -v sqlexpress sa
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

My /etc/odbc.ini:

[sqlexpress]
Driver = FreeTDS
Port = 1433
Description = MS SQL Server 2005 Express
Trace = Yes
Servername = exchange.piramide.local
Database = Piramide_Informatica

My /etc/odbcinst.ini:

[FreeTDS]
Description = Free Sybase & MS SQL Driver
Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsodbc.so
Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsS.so
UsageCount = 1

Is there any way to get around this error? Where am I wrong?

Thanks and kind regards.

Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21