freetds - [freetds] Library loading

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Richard Gibson <fluffy.gibson AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Library loading
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:43:55 +0100

Hello all

For anyone reading this, in answer to my own message the other day (
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2010q3/026188.html), it is quite
simple. A quick read of the C++ dlopen mini HOWTO (
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/C++-dlopen.html)
showed the answer.

In the section 3.3 of this howto in example 2, it clearly shows use of
dlopen once to open the library. In our case, we'd open the relevant FreeTDS
library .so file.
Then, it goes on to use dlsym more than once for the symbols it is
interested in. Therefore, we need to extract and convert EACH symbol we're
interested in.

Examination of the samples with FreeTDS will highlight the functions we need
to use.

Once thing I'm still not too clear on - which .so should I be loading? libct
or libsydb? Anyone?

Thanks
Rich