freetds - Re: [freetds] Compiling freetds on OS X 10.6

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Yoshida <craigyk AT scripps.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compiling freetds on OS X 10.6
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:00:31 -0700

OK, So in trying to get it to compile for 32-bit I used the following
configure command:

./configure --disable-libiconv CFLAGS="-arch i386"

but I still get the following error durning linking:

gcc -D_THREAD_SAFE -arch i386 -Wdeclaration-after-statement -o .libs/fisql
fisql.o terminal.o edit.o handlers.o interrupt.o
../../dblib/.libs/libsybdb.dylib ../../replacements/.libs/libreplacements.a
ld: warning: in ../../dblib/.libs/libsybdb.dylib, file was built for
unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
Undefined symbols:

Is libsybdb.dylib a system dependency? And am I screwed because the system
library does'nt come in a 32-bit version?. Or did my configure command not
successfully make everything compile in the correct architecture.

Thanks!
-Craig