freetds - [freetds] Compiling freetds on OS X 10.6

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Yoshida <craigyk AT scripps.edu>
  • To: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Compiling freetds on OS X 10.6
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:43:31 -0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to get freetds to compile on OS X 10.6 for use with pymssql and
the Enthought python distribution. I'm not concerned about ODBC drivers,
etc. (should I be?). The Enthought Python distribution is 32-bit, so I've
been trying to get freetds to compile as a 32-bit library as well, but I get
errors during the linking step. Has anyone done this before and are willing
to advise?

Thanks!
-Craig