freetds - Re: [freetds] NT authen from linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] NT authen from linux
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:22:28 -0500

On Jun 23, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

2010/6/23 Craig A. Berry <craigberry AT mac.com>:

So you would still have an authentication step and need to store that
Kerberos ticket and then present it to SQL Server. There's probably
code in Samba that does something like that. Probably Mozilla also.
It may be that most Linux systems already have a Kerberos client and
you'd just need to follow its documentation for fetching the ticket.

FreeTDS too :)

Current CVS supports also SSPI and Kerberos. SSPI (supported under
Windows) allow using current saved authentication (using internally
and automatically NTLM or Kerberos) while Kerberos provide this
feature even for Unix systems. At libTDS level provide empty username
and password and Kerberos/SSPI is used. I think the only thing we miss
is -T/whatever parameter in bcp/isql/whatever.

Good to know. I think I saw a saw a discussion awhile back and thought it was still to-do. The -T switch should be pretty easy in that case.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser