freetds - Re: [freetds] NT authen from linux [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] NT authen from linux [NC]
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:11:21 -0400

Hi Freddy,

Did I miss a release of a feature in FreeTDS? In bcp or isql you can
specify the -T option for trusted. What happens is that bcp takes your NT
login to connect the SQL server and doesn't prompt for your password.

-T
Specifies that the bcp utility connects to SQL Server with a trusted
connection using integrated security. The security credentials of the
network user, login_id, and password are not required. If –T is not
specified, you need to specify –U and –P to successfully log in.

a++ Cedric

|------------------------------
| Frediano Ziglio
| <freddy77 AT gmail.c
| om>
| Sent by:
| freetds-bounces@l
| ists.ibiblio.org
|

| 06/21/2010 09:01
| AM
|

| Please respond to
| FreeTDS
| Development Group
| <freetds AT lists.ib
| iblio.org>

FreeTDS Development Group
<freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] NT authen
from linux

2010/6/21 Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am seriously considering implementing NT auth for bcp and isql in order
> to provide trusted connectivity.
>
> Before I start has anyone done NT authen for linux or have good pointers?
> really dislike re-inventing hotwater.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Cedric

?? well... it's already implemented... or perhaps we don't follow same
line...
What do you mean by "NT auth" ??