freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2005 64-bit Connection oddities

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2005 64-bit Connection oddities
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:42:07 +0200

2009/9/23 Hoellig, Peter <Peter.Hoellig AT trane.com>:
> I was issuing a couple of select queries on various tables. The first
> one I messed with when I started was SELECT * FROM TABLE1. TABLE1 was a
> table with about 13k rows in it so I only ran that one once because
> printing the results took too long.
>
> The next was on a smaller table with about 300 entries. I was running
> SELECT Contract_Number FROM TABLE2 and that was what I was using for all
> of my tests. I also ran SELECT Contract_Number FROM TABLE2 WHERE
> Contract_Number = 'value' and had the same error results.
>
> There is an odd couple of lines in the freetds.log I took where the
> statement SELECT 1 where 0=1 shows up. Even though the only query run
> during the logging is SELECT Contract_Number FROM TABLE2 WHERE
> Contract_Number = 'value'.
>
> I've attached the log of the queries with the DB login hacked out as
> well as the sql.log of the entire thing. In case you want to take a
> look.
>
> Thanks again.

Thanks for dumps. The problems was a duplicate query sent for emulated
prepare (used by tds 4.2 and 5.0). This was fixed in post 0.82, from
ChangeLog

Fri Aug 22 07:29:18 CET 2008 Frediano Ziglio <freddy77_A_gmail_D_com>
* src/tds/query.c:
- applied modified patch from Chris Reeves for fix
tds_send_emulated_execute if no parameters

you can find updated version at freetds.sf.net (patch or full version).