freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2005 64-bit Connection oddities

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Hoellig, Peter" <Peter.Hoellig AT trane.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2005 64-bit Connection oddities
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:22:46 -0500

Thanks for replying,

I've now verified that I'm running 0.82 by removing the 0.64 files and
rebuilding and installing 0.82 again. So I'm definitely running that now.
I've also removed the PORT=1433 from the odbc.ini file.

I figure that I should probably concentrate on getting ODBC only running
properly before I worry about whether or not I need combined. Reinstalling
did not change the inconsistent results problem. So I'm still able to isql
and running a query three times is going in patterns of correct results, 0
results, -1 results, repeat. I'm starting to run out of ideas, should I start
looking at unixODBC or is there something still suspect about my setup? My
odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini are as follows now:

odbc.ini

[MSSQL]
Description = database
Driver = FreeTDS