freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with freebcp and fixed text output [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with freebcp and fixed text output [NC]
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:12:06 -0400

Hi,

Well the issues we are encountering are different and as James said, the
latest patch should address the initial issue of the fixed test output.

The issue one of my teams reported is that if there is a column in the file
that does not get imported into the table, then it fails. The faulty
procedure is _bcp_readfmt_colinfo which fails because TAB_COLNUM is not
present in that case.

Any ideas before I start implementing a fix?

Thanks,

Cedric

|------------------------------
| "James K. Lowden"
| <jklowden@freetds
| .org>
| Sent by:
| freetds-bounces@l
| ists.ibiblio.org
|

| 08/05/2009 11:09
| PM
|

| Please respond to
| FreeTDS
| Development Group
| <freetds AT lists.ib
| iblio.org>

FreeTDS Development Group
<freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] Problem with
freebcp and fixed text
output

Modesto Sevilla wrote:
> I am evaluating freebcp as a replacement to bcp (Sybase) while
> connecting to MS Sql Server 2008. My problem is that when I bcp out a
> table even if I specify a format file, the output does not come out in
> fixed length as it did with bcp.

I think -- I expect! -- that if you install the latest snapshot you'll see
the behavior is corrected. From ChangeLog:

Fri Jul 10 14:01:28 EDT 2009 JK Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>
* src/dblib/bcp.c pad nullable CHAR written to hostfile.

See the ML discussion around that time.

HTH.