freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with freebcp and fixed text output [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with freebcp and fixed text output [NC]
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:56:25 -0400

hi,

Acutally I think there is a small issue, one of my teams reported a problem
when bcp in using a format file. I have to look at it as soon as I have
some time.

a++ Cedric

|------------------------------
| "James K. Lowden"
| <jklowden@freetds
| .org>
| Sent by:
| freetds-bounces@l
| ists.ibiblio.org
|

| 08/05/2009 11:09
| PM
|

| Please respond to
| FreeTDS
| Development Group
| <freetds AT lists.ib
| iblio.org>

FreeTDS Development Group
<freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] Problem with
freebcp and fixed text
output

Modesto Sevilla wrote:
> I am evaluating freebcp as a replacement to bcp (Sybase) while
> connecting to MS Sql Server 2008. My problem is that when I bcp out a
> table even if I specify a format file, the output does not come out in
> fixed length as it did with bcp.

I think -- I expect! -- that if you install the latest snapshot you'll see
the behavior is corrected. From ChangeLog:

Fri Jul 10 14:01:28 EDT 2009 JK Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>
* src/dblib/bcp.c pad nullable CHAR written to hostfile.

See the ML discussion around that time.

HTH.