freetds - Re: [freetds] Regarding MSSQL connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gopalakrishnan A.N" <saigop AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Regarding MSSQL connection
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:23:05 +0530

Hi James,
Again I am getting like this error when I try to use

[root@localhost ~]# tsql -S 172.20.182.10 -p 1433 -U cims -P $ql$wtcintra08
-D cims
locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
Msg 20009, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist
There was a problem connecting to the server
[root@localhost ~]#

what could be the reason? I have changed the servername too.