freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2008: Support for TIME(n) data type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2008: Support for TIME(n) data type
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:37:54 +0100

OK I will give it a try, but when binding an TIMESTAMP_STRUCT
parameter that is compared to a TIME(n) column I get:

| sqlstate : 42000
| sqlerrd2 : -402
| sql message : [FreeTDS][SQL Server]The data types time and datetime
are incompatible in the equal to operator.

Does anybody run some regression tests against SQL Server 2008?

I can try with SQL_C_CHAR bindings...

Seb

Frediano Ziglio wrote:
2009/1/30 Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>:
Thanks Frediano for the update.

So for now we will not support SQL Server 2008 through the FreeTDS driver.

We need support for DATE_STRUCT, TIME_STRUCT and sqlncli.h specials in
order to support the new SQL Server 2008 data types (date, time(n) and
datetime2(n)).

Seb

But sql 2008 support US :) I think you can use old protocol losing a
bit of precision or you have to convert to other types that support
that precision using former protocol (supported by sql 2008).