freetds - [freetds] SQL Server 2008: Support for TIME(n) data type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL Server 2008: Support for TIME(n) data type
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:57:00 +0100

Hi all,

I was wondering if FreeTDS supports the new TIME(n) type of SQL Server 2008.

I try to bind an SQL Parameter with SQL_C_TYPE_TIME / SQL_TYPE_TIME using
a TIME_STRUCT C structure, but I get following error:

| sqlstate : 42000
| sqlerrd2 : -402
| sql message : [FreeTDS][SQL Server]The data types time and datetime
are incompatible in the equal to operator.

Is this type supported and if yes do you have regression tests?

It is actually a TIME(0) in the SQL Server 2008 database.

Thanks a lot,
Seb