freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2008: Support for TIME(n) data type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2008: Support for TIME(n) data type
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:00:05 +0100

2009/1/30 Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>:
> I believe SQL_C_TYPE_DATE / SQL_TYPE_DATE / DATE_STRUCT is not supported...
> right?
>
> I get this error:
>
> SQL State: HY004
> Message : [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid data type
>
> Seb

This should be supported !!!
I remember code for conversion, perhaps there is a problem in
constants (odbc_util.c). Are you sure you are using proper constants
for C type and SQL types ??

About TIME(n)... aehmm... I don't know James free time but I'm very
busy with working and personal life so it's hard to find some time to
code something (I have also to confess that I'm coding for another
project in the few spare time).... I have to finish (that is it's
quite finished and it's stupid to code somethings else) support for
wide characters bindings. It's not hard to code support for TIME(n)
but the main problem is that there is a stopover in
VARCHAR/VARBINARY(MAX). The reason is that VARCHAR(MAX) need to be
supported using protocol 7.2 and TIME(n) require support for protocol
7.3 (or higher?? I don't know version for mssql 2008) so we need to
support VARCHAR/VARBINARY(MAX) too...