freetds - Re: [freetds] MS publish TDS spec

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MS publish TDS spec
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:24:49 -0400

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> Are we sure we can read these documentation

Quite sure. It's a document published on the WWW subject to no agreement
with the reader. It explicitly disclaims any trade secrets. It says
patents may apply to an implementation, but that would be true whether or
not the implementer read the document.

Finally, it's only thanks to your European Court that Microsoft is
publishing this stuff. It's their answer to the finding that their
protocols and technologies are too obscure for anyone else to compete or
interoperate with effectively. Surely they and the court intend *reading*
the documents as a remedy!

Regards,