freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS hangs when running a select

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <serversage AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS hangs when running a select
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:14:44 -0700

Wow guys, you nailed it on the head! I started doing some digging into the
issue (tcpdumps, tdsdumps, etc...) and discovered it kind of looked like it
was a buffer filling up. So I started playing with sysctl.conf values, and
here is what I came up with that seems to be the magical cure:

net.core.rmem_max = 16777216
net.core.wmem_max = 16777216
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 87380 16777216
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 65536 16777216
net.core.netdev_max_backlog = 2500

After that, things are working great. I'm suspect that this may have
something to do with the system running under VMWare. Thanks again for
pointing me in the right direction! Hopefully my pain will be somebody
else's gain down the road.

-Brian