freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL2005: no problem with ubuntu - can't connect with slax

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: gis wautriche <giswautriche AT hotmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL2005: no problem with ubuntu - can't connect with slax
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:13:53 +0100

Answering to myself if ever someone's interested : the freetds module for
slax (slackware package) is buggy.
Recompiled from source and it works.

Still, I don't know how to change the charset stuff, but there might be some
thread on this particular subject.

Gis

> Hello there,
>
> I'm having trouble to connect to a SQLServer (2005 Express Edition) with a
> slax distro, whereas with ubuntu, using the same freetds version (0.64) and
> same freetds.conf file, it works like a charm.
> Ubuntu is the distro I use for devel, but I like to deploy a small app on a
> bootable disk using slax.
>
> Here is the freetds.conf :
> # first sqlserver (using sqlserver 2000)
> [SQL2000]
> host = 192.168.0.2
> port = 1433
> tds version = 8.0
>
> # second server (using 2005)
> [SQL2005]
> host = 192.168.0.3
>
> port = 1433
>
> tds version = 8.0
>
> ------ Under ubuntu :
> tsql -S SQL2000 -U sa
> > works !
>
> tsql -S SQL2005 -U sa
>
> > works !
>

> ------- Same freetds.conf under slax :
>
> tsql -S SQL2000 -U sa
>
> > works !
>

> tsql -S SQL2005 -U sa
> ... HANGS FOREVER ....
>

> The only difference I can see is the "locale" given by tsql when I run it
> With slax I get :
>
> locale is "C"
> locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
>
> under Ubuntu, both claims "utf-8"
>
> Questions are : where is da Problem ?? is this locale charset wrong with MS
> SQL 2005 ?
> how can I set the locale to utf-8 ?
> I tried to export vars like $LANG to fr_FR but it doesn't work either.
>
> Thanks.
> Gis.

Microsoft vous offre un logiciel pour classer, retoucher et partager vos
photos !
http://www.windowslive.fr/galerie/