freetds - [freetds] SQL2005: no problem with ubuntu - can't connect with slax

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: gis wautriche <giswautriche AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL2005: no problem with ubuntu - can't connect with slax
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:38:16 +0100

Hello there,

I'm having trouble to connect to a SQLServer (2005 Express Edition) with a
slax distro, whereas with ubuntu, using the same freetds version (0.64) and
same freetds.conf file, it works like a charm.
Ubuntu is the distro I use for devel, but I like to deploy a small app on a
bootable disk using slax.

Here is the freetds.conf :
# first sqlserver (using sqlserver 2000)
[SQL2000]
host = 192.168.0.2
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0

# second server (using 2005)
[SQL2005]
host = 192.168.0.3

port = 1433

tds version = 8.0

------ Under ubuntu :
tsql -S SQL2000 -U sa
> works !

tsql -S SQL2005 -U sa

> works !

------- Same freetds.conf under slax :

tsql -S SQL2000 -U sa

> works !

tsql -S SQL2005 -U sa
... HANGS FOREVER ....

The only difference I can see is the "locale" given by tsql when I run it
With slax I get :

locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"

under Ubuntu, both claims "utf-8"

Questions are : where is da Problem ?? is this locale charset wrong with MS
SQL 2005 ?
how can I set the locale to utf-8 ?
I tried to export vars like $LANG to fr_FR but it doesn't work either.

Thanks.
Gis.

Comme 9 millions de français, créez un compte Hotmail !
http://www.windowslive.fr/hotmail/default.asp