freetds - Re: [freetds] going 64!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] going 64!
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:40:41 -0500

Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Personally looking at compiler
> output I prefer to make compiler happy with some parenthesis instead of
> having to watch all the log checking all warnings. From
> http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/make.1.html
>
> bcp.c: In function 'bcp_colfmt':
> bcp.c:479: warning: suggest parentheses around && within ||
>
> yes, this is a silly warning but this (from my machine)
>
> setnull.c: In function 'char_test':
> setnull.c:21: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3
> has type 'size_t'

Right. That's a good illustration. Some warnings are extremely valuable.
printf(3) is so error-prone that C++ invented iostreams instead.

I don't like the first warning but I don't want to change the code to make
the compiler happy. (I want to make me happy!) Do you know a way to
adjust the compiler options to turn it off instead?

Hope the new machine treats you well.