freetds - Re: [freetds] seeking the FA for a Q on db-lib on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Reid, Roger L." <roger.reid AT dpw.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] seeking the FA for a Q on db-lib on Windows
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:30:49 -0400

Thanks, Freddy, JKL, and Sergey - I understand the lay of the land a bit
better now.

Actually, I don't think we'd ever do it in emulation - we long ago made our
own daemon on Unix that (if authorized) lets a Windows
process connect to a Unix box, run something, and get back the results.
Naturally, with a lot of security checks. This was before
Window acknowledged the existence of (and accepted co-existence with) Unix -
like NT 3.51.

roger