freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS driver for APR (Apache)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nick Kew <niq AT apache.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS driver for APR (Apache)
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 11:50:49 +0100

I emailed this list some time ago asking for advice
about developing a FreeTDS driver for apr-dbd[1].

After that I developed a simple driver using the db-lib,
that was minimally adequate to the task at hand. I've
committed it to the APR repository at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd/apr_dbd_freetds.c

This driver could clearly use quite a lot more FreeTDS expertise,
including aspects that defeated me, where a FreeTDS developer is
clearly expected to have Sybase or MSSQL TDS documentation to hand.
So, if anyone from the FreeTDS community is interested in helping
out at Apache, your inputs will be welcome!

[1] What it's all about - overview at
http://people.apache.org/~niq/dbd.html

--
Nick Kew