freetds - Re: [freetds] Can't compile DB-Lib applications under FreeTDS tree

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: entropy AT freetds.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Can't compile DB-Lib applications under FreeTDS tree
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:24:24 -0400

David Chang wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to build FreeTDS under Cygwin. It seems to build the library
(libsybdb.a) correctly, but when it tries to link, there are several missing
references. I simply downloaded 0.64 and ran the following:

./configure --enable-extra-checks --prefix=/home/dchang/freetds_0.64
make

Here's the output of the faulty linking...

[...]

It goes on like this for a couple hundred lines of undefined references.

The weird thing is that tsql.exe links fine, but it doesn't use libsybdb.a.
Do I need to add another library (other than libsybdb.a and libiconv.dll.a)
to resolve these references (for freebcp.exe)?

What am I doing wrong?

I wasn't able to reproduce this. I ported FreeTDS to Cygwin some time ago, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it apparently still works, in both 0.64 and current CVS.

Please do the following:

make distclean
script
uname -a
./configure --enable-extra-checks --prefix=/home/dchang/freetds_0.64
make
exit

Then email the resulting "typescript" file directly to me, and I'll have a look to see if there's any obvious signs of trouble.

--
Cheers,
entropy