freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS driver for APR (Apache)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS driver for APR (Apache)
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:56:15 -0400

Nick Kew wrote:
> This driver could clearly use quite a lot more FreeTDS expertise,
> including aspects that defeated me, where a FreeTDS developer is
> clearly expected to have Sybase or MSSQL TDS documentation to hand.

Unless I missed it, the most important missing logic is message- and
error-handlers. Errors will be very mysterious without them.
dbd_freetds_error will typically print an uphelpful "Error 1".

Documentation is online. My favorite trick is to plug something like
"dbmsghandle site:sybase.com" into Google. First link every time.

HTH.