freetds - [freetds] compiling tsql

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Tim Goossens" <timgoossens AT scarlet.be>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] compiling tsql
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 12:03:22 +0200

Dear James,

I just followed your instructions and with some adjustments i succesfully
compiled tsql. I still have a few question though.

What is the _FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE define for? Has is something to do with
a headerfile, because I don't seem to find it anywhere in the program?

Also for dynamic linking I just removed the '-static' out of the gcc
command. Since I'm not yet al that familiar with GNU and gcc I don't know if
I did something bad?

It seems to work great anyway.

Thank you very much for the assistance you have provided me and all I can
say is keep up the good work. I wish more programs and tools were available,
documented and supported like Freetds.

Best wishes from Belgium,

-Tim