freetds - [freetds] Compiling tsql

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Tim Goossens" <timgoossens AT scarlet.be>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Compiling tsql
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 22:34:48 +0200

Hi,

I am currently working on a project where i have to connect to a ms SQL
server. I installed FreeTDS 0.64, ran tsql and it works perfectly.

I would like to adjust the tsql program to my own specific needs, so I want
to try to compile it from tsql.c. Is this possible in a easy way, without
using a makefile? I am currently studying the makefile, but it reads pretty
much like gibberish.

What I understand is that i need the libtds_objects.la and the
libreplacements.la libraries? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also i am new
to working with Linux so my apologies if i might write something stupid in
the future :-).

Best regards,

-Tim