freetds - Re: [freetds] login failures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: SteveC <steve AT asklater.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] login failures
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:38:34 +0100

On 30 Apr 2007, at 21:17, James K. Lowden wrote:

SteveC wrote:
I'm using tsql on a remote machine and a remote MS SQL db of unknown
version. I have a username and password from some source code. I can
connect to the db but I get login failure with the user/pass.

Export TDSDUMP=log, try your tsql query again, and look at the log. The
file will be short. It will tell you the TDS version used. If there's a
login failure, it will say that too.

Thanks very much, I've got it working and can connect with 4.2 or 8.0.

It now sits there with prompts

1>
2>
3>

etc no matter what I type. I'd appreciate hints on what I can do to 'show tables' as I would in mysql or '\d' in postgres... or recommendations for books on mssql. Or is there something more deeply wrong?

Also, is there a howto for dumping the database with freebcp, the tool you mentioned?

Thanks in advance :-)

have fun,

SteveC | steve AT asklater.com | http://www.asklater.com/steve/