freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.63 is out of date

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT dodds.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.63 is out of date
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 01:25:46 -0700

Hi Frediano,

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 09:51:00AM +0200, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> as someone should have noted lately I'm not that present on ML. Here
> (in Italy) there were some day off so I wasn't "connected".

> However... I have decided to stop any update to 0.63. I know debian (and
> so Ubuntu and I think others) still use this version but you know.. we
> are not Linux project that is there are no thousand developers! We can't
> backport as many updates we should (like buffer overflows and security
> related) so I think anybody should just update for its safety. I just
> delete any automated update script for 0.63 from my computer.

Would it be too much to ask that you notify me of any security fixes that
come along which might apply to 0.63? It's a little late now to change
which version of FreeTDS is included in the latest Debian release, so while
it's fine if you decide you can't support 0.63, we still need to.

Now that etch is out I hope to have more time to follow this list again (and
to finally get 0.64 uploaded to Debian!), but I wouldn't want our users'
security to rely on me noticing a particular list mail.

Thanks,
vorlon AT debian.org http://www.debian.org/