freetds - [freetds] login failures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: SteveC <steve AT asklater.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] login failures
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:51:44 +0100

Hi

I'm using tsql on a remote machine and a remote MS SQL db of unknown version. I have a username and password from some source code. I can connect to the db but I get login failure with the user/pass.

The login details come from some JDBC code to talk to the db and there's nothing to suspect that the login is wrong but I'm new to MS SQL. tsql -C says its using version 5.0 and all my efforts to tell it to use 4.2 or 8.0 seem to fail. I'm hoping that 5.0 might be incompatible for logins, or something, and I need another protocol version. Is that the case? In any case how do I set the version number? I've tried the environment variable and ~/.freetds.conf

What I really want to do is get a dump of the database and port it to mysql or postgres - any pointers there would be helpful :-)

TIA

have fun,

SteveC | steve AT asklater.com | http://www.asklater.com/steve/