freetds - [freetds] Sybase Replication Server with Freetds?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wechsler, Steven" <Steven.Wechsler AT mtvstaff.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Sybase Replication Server with Freetds?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:02:43 -0400

Hi all,

I am running FreeTDS 0.64 and am trying to connect to Sybase Repserver
12.6. Using TSQL I get the following error:

$ tsql -Usa -S liverep1
locale is "en_US"
locale charset is "ISO-8859-1"
Password:
Msg 2056, Level 12, State 0, Server liverep1, Line 0
Line 1, character 14: Incorrect syntax with '64512'.
There was a problem connecting to the server

This is the error I get when I try it with an incorrect password:

$ tsql -Usa -S liverep1
locale is "en_US"
locale charset is "ISO-8859-1"
Password: <bogus>
Msg 14021, Level 12, State 0, Server liverep1, Line 0
Invalid login attempted by user 'sa'
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server

This demonstrates that TDS is at least authenticating before it gets the
error.

I am able to connect to the repserver using Open Client, and I can
connect to the RSSD ASE on the same host as the repserver. I have tried
TDS 4.2 and 5.0 and get the same results with both.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Wechsler | steven.wechsler AT mtvstaff.com
Sybase/SQL Server/MySQL Database Administrator
212-846-5683

MTV Networks