freetds - [freetds] Truncated String after Empty String

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark Larsen" <larsenmtl AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Truncated String after Empty String
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:05:51 -0400

List Members,

Before I really start to dig into this, I'm curious if anyone has seen
similar problems.

I'm using a stack of unixODBC, freeTDS, perl, DBD:ODBC, DBI. I'm
doing a perl DBI prepare /execute combo to conduct an insert. The
first array I pass to execute has an empty string for a field, the
second has the value 'PreCheck'. When I view the data in the database
the 'PreCheck' has been truncated to 'P'. I've debugged my perl code
and I can't find fault with it.

Curious enough if I replace the empty string with ' ', it works as
expected. Also if I replace the empty string with undef (the database
takes this as a NULL) and things work as expected.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

FreeTDS 0.62.3
unixODBC 2.2.11-r1
perl 5.8.8
DBI 1.54
DBD::ODBC 1.13

Thanks,

LarsenMTL

  • [freetds] Truncated String after Empty String, Mark Larsen, 04/26/2007