freetds - Re: [freetds] First-time login password change

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] First-time login password change
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:52:06 -0500

Jonathan Bastien-Filiatrault wrote:
> My school's Ms$QL server requires me to change the password that was set
> by the teacher at login. I have not had luck getting it to work with
> isql. The dump from libtds clearly states that I need to change my
> password and login is then refused.

How are you trying to change your password, and what is the exact message?
You have to log in first (using a good password), then you can change it
with sp_password.

If you're using a domain password (your NT password), you might need
access to your workstation. There's no way to change it via FreeTDS.

HTH.