freetds - [freetds] basic install OK but can't get PHP to work

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: kenn <kenn AT printussery.com>
  • To: freetds <FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] basic install OK but can't get PHP to work
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:11:55 -0500

Greetings.

I'm attempting to install freetds on my Debian 3.1 (sarge). Using
apt-get, I've installed freetds and configured freetds.conf with:

[psi]
host = 192.168.100.17
tds version = 7.0

I can connect using sqsh, so I think I'm okay so far.

Then I installed php4-odbc but have not been successful connecting via
PHP4. When I run the following code:

print_r("we are trying to connect");
$connect = odbc_connect("psi", "sa", "cibsigcib") or die ("couldn't
connect");

print_r($connected);

I get the following error:

we are trying to connect
Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data
source name not found, and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002
in SQLConnect in /var/www/eve/index.php on line 6
couldn't connect

What am I doing wrong?

Any and all help appreciate.

Kenn