freetds - Re: [freetds] no-PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Usman" <usman AT mail.arts.ubc.ca>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] no-PHP
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:42:17 -0700

Here the test code.

<?php
// connect to a DSN "MSSQLTest"

print_r("we are trying to connect");
$connect = odbc_connect("MSSQLTest", "test_user", "passX") or die ("couldn't
connect");

print_r($connected);

// ***query the users table for all fields***
$query = "SELECT * FROM localTable";

// ***perform the query****
$result = odbc_exec($connect, $query);

// ***successfully ran query***
// ***fetch the data from the database***

$temp = mssql_num_rows($result) ;
print_r("display the number of records". $temp );

while(odbc_fetch_row($result)) {
$field1 = odbc_result($result, 1);
$field2 = odbc_result($result, 2);
print_r("$field1 $field2\n");