freetds - Re: [freetds] basic install OK but can't get PHP to work

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: kenn <kenn AT printussery.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] basic install OK but can't get PHP to work
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:16:55 -0500

Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

I actually don't seem to have an odbc.ini ... I somehow got the idea
that it wasn't essential, so I probably misread something -- will check.

I don't know that I need ODBC -- I just want to achieve read-only access
to an existing mssql database ...

Two questions in that regard: 1. Do you know what packages I would need
to install in order to use db-lib -- I can't seem to find a Debian
package that includes the right stuff.

2. In looking around for it, I did find php4-sybase ... Can that be
used to achieve my goal? Or am I looking at this incorrectly?

Thanks.

kennM