freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS && Sybase's ESQL/C

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: guru AT Sisis.de
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS && Sybase's ESQL/C
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:41:37 +0200

Hello,

This is only some background (and not advertisement :-))
We're a software house in the library market with some big application
build on top of ESQL/C and which is working with Informix, Oracle and Sybase
(actualy ASE 12.5.x). We have some serious performance issues with Sybase
and my idea was somehow to easy capture all SQL send over to Sybase
ASE (together with duration and timestamps) to get an idea what are
all these hundred connections at a given moment, when the performance
drop rises, have sent over to ASE.

Searching with Google I have hit FreeTDS and thought that I could
replace Sybase's CT-library, which are shared libs on SunOS or Linux
with the FreeTDS libraries. Sybase's ESQL/C itself is just setup on
top of Sybase's CT-library. It seems that some of the ct_xxxxx
functions are implemented in FreeTDS, but not all...

Do I have the wrong idea or I'm missing something?

Thx in advance

matthias

--
Matthias Apitz / Sisis Informationssysteme GmbH
ein Tochterunternehmen der OCLC PICA B.V. Leiden (NL)