freetds - Re: [freetds] Linux request to MS SQL many incidents?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Atkinson.Keith" <Keith.Atkinson AT IGT.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Linux request to MS SQL many incidents?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:34:41 -0800

I would like to thank all for responding to my question, no matter how vague.
Secondly, I would like to apologize for being so vague, this is my first time
to present a question.

That being said, I believe you have answered my question with the \\ VS \

To be more precise, I'm trying to query MS_SQL 2000 that has several
incidents (complete databases setups for testing on the same phyiscal box,
and with the same IP, and port) so, normally in the freetds.conf or interface
you would setup the structure as shown below:

demoacctv
query tcp 4.2 172.19.5.18 1433

Mulitple incidents:
demoacctv\acct2
query tcp 4.2 172.19.5.18 1433

demoacctv\acct3
query tcp 4.2 172.19.5.18 1433

demoacctv\acct4
query tcp 4.2 172.19.5.18 1433

etc...

Unix or Linux does not work with a backslash the same way as a
Windows environment, Linux just ignores the backslash. So, with the
information you have provided previously, would I setup the interface file
as shown below?

demoacctv\\acct4
query tcp 4.2 172.19.5.18 1433

Keith W. Atkinson