freetds - Re: [freetds] Linux request to MS SQL many incidents?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Linux request to MS SQL many incidents?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:43:35 -0500

Atkinson.Keith wrote:
> Linux server using freetds to query a MS SQL server
> Example: MS_SQLNameServer
> NameDB1
> NameDB2
>
> MS_SQL works MS_SQLNameServer\NameDB2
> Unix or Linux does not work with a backslash the same way.
>
> What is the string to make the connection for the 2nd DB?

I'm afraid your question is very vague, too vague to answer.

I think you are trying to use a database named 'NameDB2' on a server named
'SQLNameServer'. You have a Windows tool that accepts
'MS_SQLNameServer\NameDB2' syntax and you'd like to do the same on Linux.
Is that the case?

Please say which Linux tool it is, where you're trying to provide the
server & database names in that form, and show what the error is. From
there it may be possible to guide you.

HTH.