freetds - Re: [freetds] Problems with upgrade to 0.63 php-5.0.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problems with upgrade to 0.63 php-5.0.5
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:23:01 -0500

That shouldn't be hard to fix. You need to tell FreeTDS what your
client's encoding is. Another way to say it: What's you locale?

You can use locale(1) and iconv(1) to determine the name of the client
character set you're using. Put that name in freetds.conf e.g.:

client charset = uft8

And you're good to go.

HTH.

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not
accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be
responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients,
prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would
not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the
sender indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New
York,
NY 10105.

  • Re: [freetds] Problems with upgrade to 0.63 php-5.0.5, Lowden, James K, 11/29/2005