freetds - Re: [freetds] Problems with upgrade to 0.63 php-5.0.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Aliet Santiesteban Sifontes <alietss AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problems with upgrade to 0.63 php-5.0.5
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:47:14 -0800 (PST)

well following the instructions I change my script but that didn't work, so I
change my freetds.conf, from default of tds version 4.2 to 8.0 and is working
ok, I mean stored procedures are working, now I'm having a problem with my
charset, we have in the database words with spanish acents, when I have tds
4.2 I can see the acents but stored procedures don't work, when I change to
tds 8.0 stored procedures works but I can't see the spanish acent, I have
rather a ?, any ideas on how to fix this.
Best Reagrds
Allan Kim <akim AT freedom.com> wrote: For more debugging information turn on
FreeTDS logging -- just uncomment
one line in freetds.conf.

Here are a few possibilities:

1. The OOP model changed after PHP 5.0.4. In particular you can't pass a
literal value as an argument if the method expects a reference.

See if it helps to rewrite this line:

$dbconn->InParameter($stmt,$centro_costo,'id_area');

as:

$foo = 'id_area';
$dbconn->InParameter($stmt,$centro_costo,$foo);

2. MSSQL returns trivial notices or warnings that get picked up as
errors. Here's where the FreeTDS debugging logs will help. Sometimes
wrapping your database calls in a try/catch block will help. There's no
logical reason why it should work, but it does.

Good luck Aliet.