freetds - [freetds] Attempt to initiate a new SQL Server operation with results pending

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "RCM2, Inc" <rcm2 AT rmcshane.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Attempt to initiate a new SQL Server operation with results pending
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:34:15 -0400

I am getting the "Attempt to initiate a new SQL Server operation with
results pending" on an intermittent basis.

We are running a product called WEBGUI (written in perl)(modPerl) under
Apache on a Linux box. We use TDS to query a Microsoft SQL Server (2000)
box. The above error occurs infrequently but enough to be a problem. My
guess right now is that the application is not gracefully handling when the
user cancels a request but am hopeful someone else might have more insight.