freetds - [freetds] TDS and Asynchronous

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mani <mmanigandan AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] TDS and Asynchronous
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:49:00 +0530

Hi,
I was going through TDS documentation, I was looking for answer for the
question.
How is Synchronous, Asynchronous , and Defer asynchronous differ.
that is when implementing the tds protocol to communicate with the sybase
do these make any meaning, say in ct_lib on a connection we can set these
properties so that we can work on non blocking mode.
My question is that TDS has an option on the protocol for this, or its just
feature given by ct_lib using the tds in regular way.
does TDS distinguish between a synchronous call and asynchronous call, say
if i make a ct_send from c program when the connection is synchronous and if
i make same ct_send using asynchronous , is there change in the TDS
exchanged between the sybase and the application.
Thanks for any help you will provide
Mani